Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween

Can you believe that Halloween is already here? Okay, so it's not here yet...but it will be tomorrow. I'd have to say that this is my least favorite holiday of the year. I love fall, the changing colors of the leaves, trips to the apple orchard, football; the list goes on and on. But I really dislike Halloween. The process of finding costumes for Bear and Princess without breaking the bank is quite an ordeal. And of course there's trick-or-treating. Taking my children out so they can go door to door asking for candy is not my idea of fun. It's time consuming and boring. Then there's the issue of pedophiles and child predators. Yes, the bottom feeders of society. In Maryland, violent and child sex predators were going to be ordered to hand signs on their doors that said, "NO CANDY AT THIS RESIDENCE". I guess some of these people felt that they were singled out or were having their constitutional rights infringed upon. I could rant about this all day long. Would those who are offended rather have a sign that says "CHILD SEX PREDATOR LIVES HERE"? Get over it, you are a convicted sexual predator. Put the damn sign on your door and deal with it. I know as a parent it's my job to protect my children...any assistance with that is greatly appreciated, even it's just a sign on the door that says "NO CANDY AT THIS RESIDENCE". I hate Halloween, I'd rather sever my arm at the elbow with a rusty spoon than take my children trick-or-treating. But since I'm fresh out of rusty spoons I'll put on my happy face and my walking shoes tomorrow and take my children out. Christmas decorations are another reason I can't stand Halloween. This year at the local Wal-Mart the Christmas decorations were out before the Halloween stuff! The Christmas music was piping throughout the store...people please. One holiday at a time. Can I just please drop $50 for Halloween costumes without having to worry about getting that oh-so-cute blue and silver snowman for my Christmas tree? Is that too much to ask? I'm sure the Valentine's Day stuff will be out on Saturday morning...

1 comment:

Ty'sMommy said...

Just another reason why you and I are soul mates. I hate Halloween, too.
So, what are the young'ins gonna be?