Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Day

Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I'm not into politics. There are so many other things in this world that I would rather talk about than politics...but damn. My father is probably turning over in his grave as I write this. I remember back in 1984 when Jesse Jackson ran for the the Democratic nomination my father told me that if there was ever a black man elected to be the President he'd pack us up and move to Mexico. Well daddy, a black man has been elected...and I'm not moving to Mexico. As a child and even as an adult the thought of a black man in the White House was something that in my wildest dreams I could not imagine. But here we are, 24 years after Jesse Jackson was in the race for the nomination...our first black President-elect. I couldn't be more excited about the road ahead. Today our country begins a new journey...

1 comment:

Ty'sMommy said...

Rock on, woman! I know your dad is probably losing his mind right now, but times do change, and they are getting ready to change a LOT, and I can't wait.