Monday, November 3, 2008

I hate Halloween

I hate Halloween...and I have no reservations about saying that. But, as we do every year, we bought a costume for Bear (who was a Jedi). Princess she wanted to be well, a princess! She has 5 princess dresses in her closet to choose from so I really wasn't feeling the need to purchase another dress for her. When it was time to get ready, I told her "go find one your dresses to wear". To my surprise, she came out in the witch costume she wore 3 years ago. I'm pretty sure she hasn't gotten any wider in three years, just taller. The costume fit her really well...so why not let her wear it. Off we went...all of the usual suspects in tow. We had Indiana Jones, a Werewolf, a whoopee cushion, a Jedi, a pirate, a witch, 2 devils and an ninja. Good times ahead indeed. This year we only managed to lose one child, and as luck would have it, it was one of mine. Princess wandered off from the group...turns out she was two houses ahead of the rest of the children. Pedophiles are one reason I hate Halloween...children running amok is another.




No comments: