Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I love CVS

About a year ago I became very sick...so sick in fact that I took three sick days. I remember going to the doctor and getting some prescriptions. I dragged my achy, flu ridden body to Wal-Mart to get my prescriptions filled. The woman at the counter told me I would have to wait roughly 20 minutes for the medication. So, I sat on the bench waiting patiently...20 minutes goes by...then 30...finally after almost an hour I ask what the delay was. Now, keep in mind that I was so sick I was literally reduced to tears. The pharmacist told me that they had a bunch of customers come through the drive through so they hadn't gotten to my prescription yet. After waiting an hour and a half I was finally handed my prescription. I vowed never to return there for prescriptions...of course I did though. Bear has 4 meds that he's on daily and I figured that I was at Wal-Mart often enough that it made sense to get his meds from there. But, nothing changed. The lines were long, service was crappy and one time I was actually followed through the store by a pharmacy employee because I didn't pay for Bear's meds at the pharmacy (I had more shopping to do so I thought I'd pay for the meds at the register). I finally got fed up when I went to pick up Bear's meds and the pharmacy tech got snotty with me because I had a vendor coupon ($25 off an Advair inhaler...yeah, I'm not letting that coupon expire!). So, I transfered all the family prescriptions to the nearest CVS, which is around the corner from my apartment. Not only can I get a prescription filled in 5 minutes...but they PAY you to bring them there! I waited until to transfer the prescriptions to CVS until I had a coupon for a free $20 gift card when you transferred a prescription. And can I tell ya...it's been heaven ever since. CVS will give you $1 (extra care bucks) for every two prescriptions you get filled if you use their "Extra Care Card". With 9 prescriptions to be filled every month it really adds up. And let's not forget about the sales at CVS...if you know how to work the system the savings add up. Last week I managed to get a $10 coupon from them..I used it last night along with others I managed to receive and bought (4) 12 packs of 7-Up (on sale for 4/$12), $20 worth of Revlon products, 2 bottles of nail polish remover ($1.99 each) for $19.35 out of pocket (I used $17 in CVS coupons). What's so great about it is that when it was all said and doneI still walked out of there with a $10 coupon, a $4 coupon and a $2 coupon...that's $16 in coupons (which I like to consider money back in hand)...so if you think about it...wasn't it like paying $3.35 for that stuff??

No comments: