Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Journey to NOT Being Diabetic II

Just the other day I blogged about Valentine's Day. In that post I mentioned that Husband asked me to buy a new outfit for our date, but what I neglected to mention is that the outfit I bought was ONE SIZE SMALLER than the clothes I've been buying lately. The pants one size smaller and the shirt...one size smaller!!! I was so stoked I couldn't stand it. Of course there was the part of me that said, "No, Sylvia...you are not one size smaller...the clothes are just cut bigger". Well, now I'm not sure that's the case. I went to the doctor yesterday for a follow up. I knew I had been losing weight but I just wasn't sure how much (you can read about it here). Yesterday I found out how much I had lost. I'll admit, I was nervous about getting on the scale at the doctor's office...I mean, what if my 'weight loss' had been in my head? What if the clothes I bought really had been cut 'bigger'?? I'm happy to announce that in roughly 3 months I've lost 9, count 'em N-I-N-E pounds!! Does this mean that I'm ready to sport an itsy bitsy tweeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini to the pool this year? Hell no! But what it does mean is that I'm on my way to a healthier life. I know that a nine pound weight loss is not substantial by any means (I still have roughly 60 pounds to lose) but it's a start. And it's enough of a start that I can buy smaller clothes...and who doesn't love buying smaller clothes??? I'm still taking the blood glucose medication (no big surprize there) and I'll probably be on it for a while, but I lost 9 pounds! I've lost the weight just be changing my eating habits. And I'm not necessarily eating differently than I was before...I'm just not eating as much as I was before. Now that I'm bonafiably losing weight, I'm motivated to start exercising. Maybe an itsy bitsy tweeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini is in my future for next summer...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Well done Sylvia on your weight loss! 9 pounds is alot of weight! I wish I could get motivated and shed some weight! Keep it up! You are definately heading in the right direction! Thanks for your comment!

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Congrats from a type II Diabetic. I have a friend who lost 50 pounds and is no longer taking glucaphage....and hasn't for over a year. It can be done...and you will do it! Keep us posted on your progress.