Monday, August 11, 2008

An afternoon of good deals...

Last week I blogged about having my very first creative inspiration...this week, I'm thinking that I may have bitten off more than I can chew. On Saturday I took my bag to Michael's craft store looking for ideas to help me turn my bag into a work of art. What I wasn't expecting to find was very expensive options. I found beautiful frames and artist's canvases, all out of my budget. So, I thought I would take a look at Wal-Mart...maybe they'll have something I can use.
The trip to Michale's wasn't a total loss though. I scanned the clearance aisle (which I never have any luck at) and managed to find a couple of really nice pieces for my dinning room at 80% off. From there was off to Meijer for groceries. While I was there I remembered that I needed a lampshade for the lamp I bought at a garage sale this summer. Woohoo! All things lighting were 30% off! I found a very pretty lamp shade for $9.99. I took my goodies home and put them in their intended spots. Tonight I plan to hang the wall thingamjig I bought at Michael's. Tomorrow, I'll post pictures of my fun new dinning room things. And the bag art project? Well, for now it'll be on hold until I can find something in my budget to help me transform my $3.00 bag into art.

No comments: