Friday, August 8, 2008

Eureka!

Everyone who knows me knows that I am so not a crafty cool person. I want to be crafty but lack creativity. My oldest and dearest friend (as seen commenting on my blog as Ty'sMommy) is the coolest crafter I know, and I'll admit...there is a bit of jealousy on my part. But! Lo and behold, last night I was struck with an idea...I have a canvas bag that was given to me by one of my sisters (who just happens to be the Queen of thrifty shopping) that I really couldn't use because of the size and shape. I love the bag and would hate to get rid of it so I hung it from the door knob on my closet door. And there it sat for 2 months. As I walked past it last night it struck me...I can make something out of that bag! I'm planning to make it into three wall hangings out of the bag. I have several ideas as to how I'd like to get this accomplished but I'm really not sure where to even begin. So, I'm going to be visiting the local craft stores looking for options this weekend. I'm so excited...my very own crafty idea. :) I'll take pictures and post them as the project progresses.

2 comments:

NV said...

I'm so laughing as I read this because you two really ARE me and the MonkeyGirl (she of newly started Chirping Monkeys).

Ty'sMommy said...

I'm telling you, somebody cloned us along the way somewhere....