Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I really wasn't ready...

I used to look at my oldest sister like she was crazy when she and I would talk about her son's girlfriend. My sister has always been very accommodating to Nephew(1)'s girlfriend...like I said, I thought she was nuts. I never imagined that I would be the same way with Teenager's girlfriend. I thought I would be the mom who would not go out of my way for a 15 year old girl who has captured my son's affections. Turns out...I am. Last night after Teenager's soccer game he and Girlfriend walked up to me and asked if I could give Girlfriend and ride home. My brain must have temporarily shut off because the next thing I hear is "Mom?" After being snapped back to reality I agreed to give Girlfriend a ride...and then I agreed to transport her and Teenager to and from Friday night's high school football game. When did I become my sister? When did I become the accommodating mother? I'm not ready for this...

No comments: