Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's been a week???

Seriously? It's been a week since my last post? It just goes to show how exciting my life is. :D Anyway, just a quick update on Bear...last week he had a pretty severe allergic reaction to something he ate. We were running on the assumption that he was exposed to nuts...after looking into it we found that he had no exposure to nuts. So, we're not sure what he ate that gave him the reaction...it could be that he's developed a new food allergy. Good times, indeed. At this point our only real option is to resume keeping a food journal of every thing that he eats. We haven't had to do that in a long time. Hopefully, it will give us some insight as to what caused the reaction. Last week I also met with his principal, teacher and school nurse. At first I was afraid that these people would think I was over-bearing, over-protective, gone off the deep end kind of mom. What I found was that this group of people are more than willing to do anything they possibly can to ensure Bear's safety. We spoke about emergency action plans, seating plans (a Bear friendly table in the cafeteria) and a plan to educate the entire third grade class on food allergies. I have a really good feeling about the situation and hopefully we won't have to test the emergency action plan.

No comments: