Friday, September 19, 2008

I wonder...

I was reading an article today on Yahoo about the particle collider being shut down due to a malfunctioning transformer. I don't know all that much about it, but I guess some scientists think this particle collider is a bad idea because they think it could cause black holes on the planet; which is pretty scary. I think the entire project is interesting in that it sounds like it's straight out of a sci-fi movie, but like I said...I don't know much about it. I do have one question though...let's say the scientists at CERN are successful in creating the environment that exsisted right after the "big bang" and it ended up creating black holes on the planet, would they tell us? Would they ("they" being "The Powers That Be") hold a press conference and say, "Mia culpa. We were wrong, you were right, black holes, planetary destruction imminent."??? And seriously, would it matter if they did come out and say they created black holes?? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

No comments: