Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Meet Sam

Everybody, this is Sam. Sam, this is everybody. Yep, that's right! We have a new addition to the family. I'm no great lover of animals...for the most part I can do without them. My neighbor, Nurse, has a really awesome dog so whenever I thought about getting a pet, I'd just go over there and give the Rude Dog some love. Problem solved!
About two weeks ago Husband told me that he was thinking about getting our offspring a dog for Christmas. Part of me was excited and another part me of was saying "HELL TO THE NO!!". I thought about it for a week and became accustomed to the idea of having a dog. This past weekend Husband and I took the kids (Bear and Princess only because Teenager was at wrestling) to PetSmart. The local animal shelters bring their animals to PetSmart on the weekends to try and adopt them out. There were puppies everywhere! We decided to take "Sheba" out of her crate to play with her for a little while. I think we spent about an hour with her. When Husband made mention that it was time to go home (without a dog) my heart broke instantly. There was no way I could let that sweet puppy go back in that crate and go back to the shelter. So, we named her Samantha and brought her home. She is a 5 month old boxer/golden retriever. She's built like a golden, but has the face of a boxer. Sam is the sweetest puppy. She's almost potty trained and only barks when someone knocks at the door. I've been told by several people that Sam is the perfect mix of breeds for our family. I guess only time will tell.
We're going through the normal puppy drama...pooping in the house, peeing in the house, trying to establish who the pack leader is....but overall, she's great. I couldn't be happier that she's with us...






No comments: