Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood...

I'm sure everyone out thre who has children knows the joys of parenting. Children can bring such joy into your life...a smile from your little one can erase of the stress of the day. Of course they can also add to the stress of the day. I called off work today because I feel like death on a cracker. Of course being a mother doesn't mean you actually take a day off just because you called off work. The "little ones" wanted lunch and as their dutiful mother I obliged. I was in the kitchen when I saw something poking out from underneath the oven. I bent down to find an empty Gogurt tube...after further inspection I found no less than 15 (Yes, count them...15) empty yogurt tubes under the oven. I call the youngest of my two children into the kitchen for an explination. Osito as if on cue, began the endless "Mom, I swear I didn't do it" speach. Princess merely stood there with a stunned "I hope mom doesn't figure out it was me" look on her face. I looked at her and said "Princess, why did I find yogurt trash under the stove?" to which she responded by crying and running out of the room. Guilty as charged in my book. So, I cleaned up the mess and had a talk with my little angel about putting things under the stove. I'm just terrified to see what she's stuck under the fridge!

2 comments:

Ty'sMommy said...

LMAO! If it makes you feel any better, I used to hide sandwiches in my closet so my mom wouldn't know I didn't eat them. :) Have fun with that one, girl.

carrieocon said...

Why? Just why do they do things like that?! And why is it so much funnier when it is someone elses kid?