Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Lines Are Out to Get Me!!!


Yes, the lines are out to get me. Let me explain...last Saturday morning it was storming but needed to run to the grocery for a couple of things. So, off to Kroger I went. I bought orange juice, eggs and biscuits. On my way out of the store I slipped on the painted crosswalk lines and fell, resulting in a skinned knee and broken eggs. Who knew that those darned painted lines get slick when they're wet? Anyway, the rest of the weekend was fall free. On Monday morning I had to get gas on my way to work. So, I stopped at the Speedway near the interstate on ramp. Whenever I stop for gas in the morning I always go across the street to McDonald's and grab an iced coffee. I love McDonald's iced coffee and was really looking forward to having it on the way to work. As I pulled into the parking lot at McD's I noticed that the drive thru lane was wrapped around the building. No biggie, I'll just go in and grab my coffee. Why didn't I just stay in the damn car??? Why didn't I wait in the line from hell?? Now keep in mind that on Monday the skies were clear and there was no sign of precipitation. I step out of the car, slip on yet another wet painted line (and why the heck was it wet??? It hadn't rained...) and land squarely on my rear end. And it wasn't the cute kind of slip either, we're talking arms flailing feet in the air sunglasses flying off the head kind of fall. I looked like a turtle on it's shell trying to get up without ruining my clothes, it was so not the way I wanted to start my morning/week. Needless to say, I'm not going to be walking on any more of those lines...wet or dry!

No comments: